Sept. 2023 - August 2024
Welcome to our New Members!
Consider joining us!
Meetings are held on the first Monday on the month (except when a holidays occurs, then meetings are held on the second Monday).
Please note: Meetings will be held in-person and virtually in the coming year. This website and the newsletter will announce upcoming meeting locations.
In-Person meetings will be held at:
Conley's United Methodist Church
33106 Jolyn's Way
Lewes, DE 19958
Virtual meetings will be held on;
Zoom with connection details sent the weekend before the meeting occurs.
*Visitors are asked to pay a $5.00 guest fee. Fee is waived if there is no outside speaker.
Membership affords you the opportunity to:
• Socialize and network with other individuals that share your passion for quilts and quilting at monthly meetings and in small group bees.
• Attend monthly guild programs for free.
• Participate in a diversity of classes and workshops offered by the guild on a first come, first pay basis.
• Receive the monthly newsletter.
• Join other guild members on bus trips to quilt shows, educational programs and shopping trips.
To join the Ocean Waves Quilt Guild:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Pay annual (Sept. - Aug.) dues of $40
Please make checks payable to Ocean Waves Quilt Guild.
3. Submit form and payment to the Membership Co-Chairs - Mary Shepherd at a guild meeting or by mail to Mary Shepherd, 37520 Golden Eagle Blvd, Lewes, DE 19958.
To join an Ocean Waves Bee:
Ocean Waves has 17 established Bees in various Sussex County areas.
• Bees are small group meetings of members, that usually meet monthly, to share their passion and interest in quilts.
• The groups socialize, work on projects together, teach one another and just have fun. They are a great way to get to know other members/quilters.
• Any Ocean Waves member is invited to join a bee, especially new members, as it gives you an opportunity to meet other quilters and to ask questions.
• If interested in joining, please submit the bee request form and the Bee Keeper or a Bee contact will be in touch.
New Member Orientations
Held twice a year, in November and February
An opportunity for new members to meet officers and committee chairs, learn about the working of the guild, and get better acquainted with each other.
Invitations are sent to new members prior to each gathering.