Local Quilt Shops:
• Serendipity Quilt Shop ~ Dagsboro
Longarm Quilting Services in the area updated (click for list)
Quilts around the Bay Shop Hop 2020 - DE, MD
Friday, March 6- Sunday, March 15, 2020. The theme was - Birds Around the Bay. Eight great shops are participating: The Blue Hen Quilt Shop, Newark. DE; Spring Water Designs, Columbia MD; Tomorrow's Treasures, Crofton MD; Quilt Vine, Trappe MD; Serendipity Quilt Shop, Dagboro, DE, Delaware Sewing Center; Dover, DE; Glory Bees Sewing Center, Fallston, MD; The Pin Cushion, Pocomoke City, MD Lots of prizes and great patterns! Each shop has a Free bird pattern.
(Previous Shop Hop Map with mileage and driving times - missing new shops and includes former shops) Thanks, for the map Kathi!
Ocean City Convention Center
March 13-15 2020 (over 50 vendors)
• Sponsored by 10 Maryland and Northern Virginia quilt shops. Held annually in November ~ 10 days of shopping, prizes and special events at each store
• For more information and directions to all 10 shops ~ www.quiltersquest.org
Ocean Waves Quilt Guild's:
American Quilter's Society - Quilt Shows by the month:
Quiltfest Upcoming Shows:
Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival:
Quilt Con- The Modern Quilt Guild https://www.quiltcon.com/
Ladybug Guild Quilt Show: https://ladybugquiltguild.weebly.com/quilt-show.html2020
Future Quilters and Sewers, Links and Tutorials:
• Sew Fabric letters fun and easy
• All about quilting: Quilting 101- A guide that covers everything from the history of quilting to how to get started on your first quilt project.
• Cute easy Stitched Face Pillows
OWQG member Carolyn Speizio receives a WBOC 2019 Jefferson Award for community service.
Pre Meeting Demo Handouts:
“Cookie Cutter Backgrounds” demo that Cheryl McCann presented as our May 2018 pre-meeting demo. Handout
Delaware Quilt Documentation: Ann Baker Horsey, Curator with the State of Delaware Historical & Cultural Affairs, has been documenting quilts for Delaware. If you are interested in having an old quilt included in this research, you can visit their site for more information.
Ocean Waves Quilt Guild on Quilting Hub (link)
Fun Quilting Tutorials
from OWQG Facebook page:
(Click on the underlined link)
• Baubles Quilt: from
• 2020 Trinkets 53" x 61" andoverfabrics.com
"How To" Links:
OWQG pre-meeting Demo: Jan 2019 - Pat's demo
OWQG pre-meeting Demo: Oct 2017 -Adeline's demo on infinity scarf link from
• Bad Habits Quilters Need to Quit: This is Superior Thread's list of 10 bad habits quilters need to break. Interesting list - some things on the list contradict what others have said recently on topics but some good reminders for us all - especially that one about not beating yourself up over mistakes or imperfections.
• OH NO - My quilt bled! Check out this link for an informative article on treatments options to fix a quilt that has bleed. You may be surprised by what works best.
• Design Boards:
EQuilter design boards allow you to try out different combinations of fabric. They do require that you submit fabrics to your wish list in order to access the design board.
• Flange Binding: Many members have already come across this video and have shared the technique but if you haven't seen or heard about this neat way to bind your quilts, check it out. By piecing two different fabrics to make your binding you end up with a flange on the front. In addition the technique allows you to finish off the binding by machine.
• Hanging Sleeve: AQS video instruction on how to make a 4" hanging sleeve for your quilt.
• How to Fold a Quilt: Ann Fahl provides instructions on the best way to fold and store quilts.
• Knife Edge Finishing: This site was recommended by our March speaker: Terry Kramzar for its tutorial on how to finish your quilt with a knife edge (binding free)
• Missouri Star Tutorials: A vast collection of videos (often duplicated on You Tube) on how to to make blocks, quilts and other projects, primarily using pre-cuts.
• Quilt Binding - The Final Connection: Cassandra Plott's easy and foolproof method for finishing your quilt binding. NO rulers, NO measuring and it results in a smooth clean finish.
•Superior Threads: This site has all kind of information on thread, needles, fabric and notions.
Meg Cox -
"DE Quilt Documentation"